Well, y’know, a celeb in the realm of my blogging lovers.
Check it! I received an award from Cammy over at Classroom Confessions. She thinks I’m kreativ! Can you believe dat?
Thanks, Cammy. Greatly appreciated! I find myself in a constant state of disbelief that people want to listen to me blab about crap. Anyway, check out her blog…she’s a teacher and I’m always fascinated by the fact that ANYBODY can handle more than 10 screaming, whiney, arrogant little kids in a room at one time, and did I mention that Girl Guides scarred me for life?
(P.S. Waiting for That’s Tangly to launch before I add this award and update my Blogroll.)
I have to pass this on to three other bloggers, so I’ll honour some newbies to my RSS feed. I don’t know if they want to litter their perfectly beautiful blog pages, but I love these people:
Nancy the Gnomette – a fellow Matadorian travel writer, who recently went on a meditation retreat where she wasn’t allowed to talk. My god!
Sewn Stories – one of my buddies in real-life, who sews and writes and is just a fountain of creativity spewing forth her wisdom to the world. Gosh darned she’s cute!
Carissa Jaded – she’s freaking hysterical, and I actually cackle every time I read her “Who Dat?” tab, because it is my signature announcement every time sometime opens the door in this house
Now for seven (SEVEN!) random facts about myself:
1. I have a dirty Newfie accent. I grew up in the bay for chrissakes; up until I was 15 years old, I thought one area of my town was called “Pat Inn” instead of “Path End”, because word pronunciation is no big deal. I actually dread the day I ever have to participate in an oral interview, because the pauses between questions while I carefully consider my word choices will be excruciating.
2. Up until two years ago, I had never left my island of Newfoundland nor flown in an airplane.
3. I am currently sitting under a giant spider made of garbage bags, because TOR and I have gone into a girl frenzy since Chef left. Tonight we ate cheesecake, drank tea, and watched episodes of Sex and the City.
4. When I was a kid, I won every contest I entered, including a provincial trivia contest. I ended up with $2,000 and $10,000 for my school…I bought a piece of shit computer.
5. I cannot stand any tea besides orange pekoe, because it resonates comfort and home.
6. I’m actually an anxiety freak, and the idea of ever having to make public speeches sends me into a coma. I’ve avoided meeting people I’ve made connections with online, simply because I’m afraid I’ll disappoint them. But I’ve recently made the decision to stop being a fucktard, because there are few people I don’t connect with.
7. I think Miley Cyrus is the cutest person in the world.
I actually have way more to say about my time in Bay d’Espoir, but I never know how to approach the topic. When I’m home, I’m filled with creativity and ideas and memories, but too emotionally drained to seek out the words of expression. When I leave home, it’s like my time there never existed. But I do have some incredible pictures to share of rural Newfoundland.