1. Matador Trips published my piece titled Big Nature in St. John’s, Newfoundland today. What tops a cup of black coffee tasting like mud mixed with fecal matter from your company’s coffee machine first thing in the morning? Seeing your name in print. Seriously. I love being Matadorian nearly as much as I love being a Newfoundlander.
2. I discovered my pubcrawl t-shirt sitting on my laptop when I made it to my cubicle after my crap coffee. It was laying there with all its good intentions and promises of a fun-filled Saturday of karaoke, copious amounts of alcohol, and a potluck where my only contribution is cookies, whereas the others promise things like scallops wrapped in bacon and jalapeno poppers and probably cavier.
3. My other coworker, upon hearing me bitch about the rain, brought me a yellow raincoat she didn’t want anymore. Then, one of my bosses handed me over some knee-high, incredibly sexy black boots with just the right amount of heel. They’re fucking magnificent, except my calves are too fat and the zipper won’t close properly. Whole new wardrobe!
4. I cashed my pay cheque and asked the teller why I couldn’t see how many Airmiles I earned from using my Mastercard, and then she discovered that I actually have two different Airmiles accounts. After some stealthy Internet hacking, I found out that I actually have almost triple the amount I thought I had, thus leading me one step closer to my Edmonton dreams.
5. I successfully mooched my first book from BookMooch, The Time Traveller’s Wife. Incidentally, this is my favorite book in the whole wide world!
6. Bubble boy is okay! My god if I could only explain the sheer intensity of mine and Cubemate’s focus on the live camera feed as that poor little boy supposedly floated around the atmosphere. IT WAS EPIC. And then I went to the gym and forgot about it.
7. The storm breaking into a warm, sunny morning was apparently good enough reason for my neighbour to address me for the first time ever, commenting on our good fortune. Then a young guy met me at the crosswalk with the same comment about the sunshine, adding that some unfortunate soul had been killed in a car crash in CBS. He then abruptly turned around and walked back in the direction he came from. I always attract the winners.