Well, I do believe the onslaught of the swine is upon me. Ironic, non? I was in the heart of Mexico when the outbreak occurred, and I was fine. Now that I’m back on the island, it’s like IMPENDING DOOM is lurking. Everywhere. My mother and I just got in a vicious fight about whether or not to get the vaccine. I say “no,” she says “yes.” Then she said I had no respect for her and disappeared offline.
I’m incredibly ill today, so I can’t put the effort into this blog post as I’d like to. So I’ll copy over what I started last night, which is first a big “thank-you” to Cammy (again!) over at Classroom Confessions for honouring me with another award. Such kind words! She’s lovely.
I’m supposed to answer these gripping questions about myself. I wrote these last night, FYI. I’m not actually sitting here on my lunch break without a bra.
1. Where is your cell phone: On the coffee table being lonely.
2. Your hair: Stays straight now that I’m living in the north pole.
3. Your mother: Is the strongest person I know. She also thinks I’m useless as tits on a nun.
4. Your father: Is a lumberjack with incredible artistic skills.
5. Your favorite food: NACHOSSSSS.
6. Your dream from last night: NACHOSSSS.
6. Your favorite drink: Uh. Do you read my blog?
7. Your dream/goal: Travel. Make a difference. Not have debt.
8. What room are you in: The living room, wrapped up in a blanket on the futon. Maybe I should invest in a snuggie. Then again, I wear a friggen robe backwards and save myself the money.
9. What is your hobby: Writing. Travel.
10. What is your fear: I won’t accomplish the things I need to accomplish.
11. Where do you want to be in 6 years: Married, on a plane flying to my next destination.
12. Where were you last night: Home alone, catching up on some episodes of House.
13. Something you are not: Drunk.
14. Muffins: Chocolate chip kind, with 40 grams of fat.
15. Wish list items: Some Dior perfume.
16. Where did you grow up: Bay d’Espoir, NL.
17. Last thing you did: Your mom.
18. What are you wearing: My IWFF volunteer shirt is on backwards, and pjs. No undies. Scandal.
19. Your TV: Is turned to Peachtree TV. WTF came up with the name of this station?
20. Your pets: Only Jetson now, my evil cat who likes to eat my fingers.
21. Your friends: Are the greatest people in the whole wide world.
22. Your life: Freaking awesome.
23. Your mood: Bone-deep exhaustion.
24. Missing someone: My family.
25. Vehicle: Two feet and some ugly boots.
26. Something you’re not wearing: A bra, dr’ars.
27. Your favorite store: Sirens, for real.
28. Your favorite color: BLUE.
29. When’s the last time you laughed: Probably something during a convo with Lottie.
30. When’s the last time you cried: Watching Crackie on Saturday.
31. Your best friend: Too many to pinpoint.
32. One place you go over and over: My cube, and Mustang Sally’s.
33. One person who emails me regularly: Coworkers, especially those lovely ones in Seattle.
34. Favorite place to eat: MUSTANG SALLY’S. The cheese, oh the cheese!
Alright, now to tag six bloggers (I’m sorry I can’t gush more, everything hurts):
Corn-Bean: Because she has an exceptional, conversational voice.
Blunt Delivery: I cannot BELIEVE I didn’t give her an award yet (or did I?), but considering the one she gave me, I wish I had something a little more creative/original.
Blonde Monde: Two girls blogging about their dating triumphs/disasters. They’re awesome.
MidLife Mommy: I admit, I don’t read a lot of Mommy Bloggers, but she’s hella cool. Word.
Nashe: Hopefully she doesn’t have this award already. She’s wicked sweet, and one of my long-term followers.
J @TwentySomethings: One of my recent blog loves, she’s “bitter” but “always fun”. Sound familiar?
Seriously, I love all my followers. One day, when I take over the Internets, you will all receive awards from me, and they will be of the highest caliber, more appreciated than the Nobel Peace Award. But without the million-dollar bonus.
So, I deleted the post I wrote last night. Thanks V, Cammy and Kris for your feedback/shake back to reality. I’m a wiener, it cannot be denied. Anyway, it was just me blabbing about my lack of direction, but MOSTLY, I need to ask this question: is it possible to incorporate a travel section into a personal website?
My friend Chris says “no”, that the content would conflict…and I think he might be right. Starting up two different sites might also be more beneficial to me as sycophant. While I’m busy latching onto people and networking, I can keep my personal life somewhat separate. Unless you want to get involved with this hot mess of a train wreck.
On the other hand, does this mean I have to buy a whole new friggen domain? I’m drowing people, drowning.
Dammit. This launch is gonna be more difficult than I thought.